Want to read a PDF on a Kindle? The easiest way to send a PDF to your Kindle device is via email. Follow these steps.
How to read a PDF on a Kindle.
- Log in. Go online and log into your Amazon account through your PC. Go to Manage my devices and scroll down until you find your Kindle.
- Personal email. Each Kindle comes with its own email address so find yours now. This is where you are going to email your PDF.
- You’ve Got Mail. Create a new email with Convert as the subject line. Attach your PDF to this email and address it to your Kindle’s personal email.
- Download in progress. Amazon will automatically convert your PDF into a Kindle format. Give the Kindle time to update and download your PDF from its servers. Then you’ll be able to read a PDF on your Kindle.
Converting a PDF for a Kindle step by step.
PDFs can be added to your Kindle through a direct file transfer, by connecting it to your computer via a USB cable.
Drag the relevant file into Kindle > Documents and it should appear in your library. If you don’t have a USB cable, the best way to send a file to your Kindle is via email.
1. To do this you need to know your Kindle’s personal email address. Using a web browser, log into your Amazon account and navigate to Manage my devices. You should see the details of your Kindle, including the email address.